FLY EATS SHOW LIVE FEAT. @TAMIFIXMYPLATE
I had the pleasure to chat and chow down with Tami of @TamiFixMyPlate! We had an amazing foodie talk and presented our home cook meals for the night. Check out the recipes below and be sure to tag @FlyEatsShow on Instagram and hashtag , #FlyEatsKitcken , once your cooking mission is complete !
Tami's Plate : Copycat Beef Crunch Wrap Supreme !
2 pounds ground beef (or meat of choice )
1 block Pepper Jack cheese
1 block Monterey Jack Cheese
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups lettuce/spinach
2-3 Tostada Shells
2-3 Large Flour Tortillas
2 TBSP butter
1/3 cup white onion
1/2 cup Carnation Milk
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup diced tomatoes
3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
1/3 chopped red onion
1 TSP cumin
1 TSP cayenne pepper
1 TSP Cajun Seasoning
1 TSP Chili Powder
1 TSP Paprika
1 Sazon Packet
1. Combine all seasonings and red onion in a large bowl and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. In a large skillet you can start frying the ground beef and seasonings over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. While the ground beef is frying, place another large skillet on medium heat. Combine 2 tbsp oil , butter and white onion. When the onion is slightly fried , add milk . While stirring, add any spice of your liking. Add both blocks of cheese and stir until the sauce thickens. Bring heat to low.
4. Time to build ! On a flat surface grab 1 large tortilla. Place a scoop of ground beef in center of tortilla, then add melted cheese combo. Add 1 Tostada, then spread sour cream on top, add lettuce/spinach , diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. Lastly , fold tortilla towards center so all the goodness does not spill out !
5. After you fold crunch wrap , heat up 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry crunch wrap on both sides for about 4-5 minutes then VOILA!!!
Jessica's Plate: Red Curry Coconut Thai Shrimp
1 pound Jumbo Shrimp
4 tbsp Olive Oil
4 Garlic ( chopped finely)
1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (Kosher Salt works too)
1/4 Red Chili Flakes
1/2 Sweet Onion ( peeled and sliced)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (seeded and sliced)
1/2 Orange Bell Pepper ( seeded and sliced)
1 cup Coconut Milk
6 Tbsp Fish Sauce ( Optional ! I've made this dish without it and it's still great )
2 tbsp Peanut butter ( Almond butter works too)
2 tbsp Lime Juice ( half a lime)
2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
2 tbsp Red Curry Powder
1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1. First Up ! CLEAN YOUR SHRIMP! Peel and devein the shrimp. After deveining , rinse the shrimp with water. Grab one whole lime and slice in half , squeeze one half of lime over the shrimp. Then toss shrimp with garlic, salt , red chili flakes and cajun seasoning and let marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with 1 tbsp of oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook until softened , about 5 minutes. Then transfer the peppers and onions combo to a bowl.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the skillet and cook the shrimp about 6 at a time for 2 minutes , then flip and cook for another 2 minutes and transfer to a plate. It's important to not overcook the shrimp . Continue this process until all your shrimp is cooked.
4. In another bowl, mix the coconut milk , fish sauce , peanut butter , lime juice , brown sugar and ground ginger and stir well.
5. Transfer the cooked onion and peppers to the skillet and pour the coconut milk mixture on the peppers . Add the red curry powder and mix. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp to the skillet with the cilantro to coat. Serve over rice or noodles , garnish with cilantro ( or basil) and GO IN!